Rawlings 460 horizontal wood grinder processes wood waste at 65 Tons per hour with twin 300 Hp motors for mulch bagging operations. This system is complete with a receiving conveyor, belt in-feed and vibratory out-feed conveyor, metal detector, work platform and Rawlings Horizontal grinder. Each unit is equipped with the Rawlings Super Hi-Inertia™ Solid Steel Rotor. With the increased inertia of the solid steel rotor our machine runs at lower RPM’S than our competitors resulting in overall savings of electricity and maintenance costs.
Industry Expertise: With decades of experience in the wood processing industry, Rawlings has developed extensive expertise and deep understanding of customer requirements.
Wood Waste Processing Systems Designed to your Needs
Rawlings horizontal wood grinders are available in 5 different sizes, each system can be designed with work platform decks, choice of belt, chain, vibrating in-feed and out-feed conveyors, metal or magnet protection and product screening that allows the customer to protect their investment while producing a high quality consistent end product. The horizontal wood waste grinder is the best suited grinder for processing brush, yard waste, storm debris, C&D waste and other mixed bulky wood feedstocks.
Rawlings specialty is manufacturing custom industrial-sized electric stationary wood grinding systems designed around the customer’s specific needs. No customer or project is exactly the same—each has its own unique challenges. With our 45 years of experience in the wood grinding industry we have the knowledge and expertise to design the system to fit our customers processing needs and budget.
Product Range Rawlings offers a comprehensive range of wood processing equipment, including wood hogs, biomass grinders, biomass screens, and related accessories. Our machines cater to various industries such as forestry, wood recycling, sawmills, biomass energy production, and more.
- Designed with rock crusher technology, our horizontal wood grinders are extremely tolerant of contaminants, rocks and metal without catastrophic maintenance costs if metal enters the grinding chamber. The Rawlings HZX is protected by an Anvil Safety Shear Swing Away Feature , that allows metal and other damaging objects to drop through on to the out-feed conveyor. When the Pins are sheared, a protection circuit shuts down the Hog and conveyor. The anvil shear pins are mounted in removable brackets ensuring quick turnaround time to remove large sections of tramp metal and have the hog up and running again.
- Super Hi-Inertia™ Rotor Each machine is equipped with our solid steel Super Hi Inertia™ rotor. With the increased inertia of the solid steel sections our machine provides the crushing and shearing power needed to handle really tough applications like green waste, cypress, redwood, cedar and black spruce without continuous jam ups.
- The Rawlings machine runs at lower RPM’S than our competitor’s machines and half the speed of conventional hammer mills resulting in overall savings of electricity and maintenance costs.
- The cam profile of the Rawlings rotor prevent feed surges by keeping material closer to the cutting edge of the bits. This translates to better productivity as the in-feed conveyor is stalled less frequently and less down time as the increased energy reduces the number of motor drive stalls.
- Our Rocwear striker plates and striker tips are easily replaceable when worn and provide tremendous wear life with superior grinding performance.
- Our Heavy Duty grate assemblies are equipped with rotatable grate liners available in several patterns to produce a high quality consistent end product .
- The Horizontal Model is the best suited grinder for processing brush, yard waste, storm debris, C&D waste and other mixed bulky wood feedstocks.
Rawlings Horizontal Specs
|Hog Size||HP||Rotor Inertia
|Rotor Weight (lbs)||Total Weight (lbs)||Total Weight (lbs)||Shaft Diameter||A (in)||B (in)||C (in)||D (in)||E (in)||F (in)|