Rawlings can handle every aspect of configuring, building, installing, and supporting a complete materials processing system. Rawlings electric stationary systems come in all shapes and sizes – indoor/outdoor; from simple stand-alone Vertical Hogs for saw and paper mills, to complete multi-dimensional systems for C & D processing facilities.
Add a wide variety of available options, and you’ve got the flexibility to customize the perfect grinder. Each system can be designed with work platform decks, choice of belt, chain or vibrating in-feed and out-feed conveyors. Metal or magnet protection, product screening and separation all customizable for your specific operation.
Markets for end product wood waste include feed-stock for engineered woods, landscape mulch, soil conditioner, animal bedding, compost additive, sewage sludge, and boiler fuel. All these end uses have similar processing requirements . The wood waste has to be separated from other wastes, cleaned by removing contaminants , metal , rock and most likely processed through wood grinders.
With over 40 years of experience, Rawlings Wood Hogs have proven to be a top contender in size reduction equipment. We offer a complete line of stationary, portable, diesel or electric powered vertical, horizontal and rear maintenance grinders in a full range of sizes and models.
Horizontal Grinder Specs
- – Alternative Fuels
- – Biomass and Co-Generation
- – Sawmills & Forestry
- – Pulp, Paper & Pellet Plants
- – Compost & Mulch Operations
- – Recycling Facilities
- – Waste to Energy Plants
- The Rawlings Super Hi-Inertia™ Hog combines helical shearing forces and crushing forces needed to handle really tough jobs like green waste, cypress, redwood, cedar, black spruce, poplar and a wide range of other stringy and fibrous material, and cut processing time dramatically
- Super Hi-Inertia™ Rotor supplies massive kinetic energy to power through the largest feed surges
- With increased inertia of the Rawlings Super Hi-Inertia™ Solid Steel Rotor our machine runs at lower RPM’S resulting in overall savings of electricity and maintenance costs
- Patented MULTI STEP ANVIL serves as a primary breakdown, adding LIFE to your screen
- The Rawlings HZX is protected by an Anvil Safety Shear Swing Away, that allows metal and other damaging objects to drop through on to the out-feed conveyor. When the Pins are sheared, a protection circuit shuts down the Hog and conveyor
- The Rawlings Horizontal Model is equipped with two cylinders which are mounted underneath the Anvil for easy re-positioning
- Rugged HZX uses a solid rotor, large diameter shaft and over sized bearings
- Bolt On RocWear® striker plates with aggressive forward shear design and replaceable RocWear® bits save you time and money
- Complete on-board hydraulics system for quick and easy installation
- Hydraulically opening upper case gives you complete access to rotor
- Locking safety strut automatically drops into place with upper case open
- Replaceable hardened bushings and bolt-in liners throughout
- Extremely heavy anvil structure and replaceable wear surfaces
- Safety shear pins and anvil can be quickly reset
- Limit switches shut down hog if anvil trips, and when upper case is open
- Safety rotor lock keeps rotor from moving during maintenance
- Rawlings CER machined fit bearing housings have built-in jack bolts for easy removal
- Heavy duty grate assembly with thick replaceable liner comes in many configurations
- Auto Lubrication System
- Bearing Temperature Control