Introducing the “VRM” Vertical Rear Maintenance Industrial Wood Grinder from Rawlings Manufacturing Inc.
No cookie cutter machine can meet everyone’s space constraints or challenges. We have had several customers over the years that wanted a Rawlings solid rotary hog but did not have the overhead clearance in their existing footprint to allow for a clam shell opening type of machine. This type of design eliminates the complexity of the installation allowing the customer to utilize as much of the existing hog tower base or structure surrounding machine.
The VRM industrial wood grinder opens hydraulically from the rear of the machine allowing full access to the hog’s internal wear components and rotor for ease of maintenance.
All Rawlings Hogs are equipped with our Super Hi Inertia™ Rotor that powers through feed surges with ease while still running at lower RPMs than other machines on the market. This saves our customers both maintenance and electricity costs. Our wood hog provides the crushing and shearing power needed to handle really tough jobs like green waste, cypress, redwood, cedar, black spruce, poplar and a wide range of other stringy and fibrous materials.
VRM Rear Maintenance Grinder Specs
- Case Opening allows full access to hog rotor and internal case liners
- Simple design reduces parts inventory and is easy to maintain
- All Rawlings hogs are equipped with our Super Hi-Inertia™ Rotor, the highest crushing impact rotor in the industry
- With increased inertia of the Rawlings Super Hi-Inertia™ Solid Steel Rotor our machine runs at lower RPM’S resulting in overall savings of electricity and maintenance costs
- Tolerant of Contaminants, Rocks and Metal without catastrophic maintenance costs if metal enters the grinding chamber