The Rawlings HZX Horizontal Wood Hog is a high performance shearing action Hog that can process material of any length.
- Patented MUTIL STEP ANVIL serves as a primary breakdown, adding LIFE to your screen.
- The Rawlings HZX is protected by an Anvil Safety Shear Swing Away, that allows metal and other damaging objects to drop through on to the out feed conveyor. When the Pins are sheared, a protection circuit shuts down the Hog and conveyor.
- The HZX is equipped with two cylinders which are mounted underneath the Anvil for easy repositioning.
- Patentened Super High Inertia rotor for fast processing and exceptional surge capacity
- Heavy Duty Frame
- Tolerant of contaminants rock and metal
- Combines helical shearing forces and crushing forces to handle all material types
- Rugged HZX uses a solid rotor, large diameter shaft and oversized bearings
- Hi-Inertia crushing and shearing technique cuts processing time dramatically
- Low power requirement per ton of processed material
- Patented Bolt On RocWear striker plates with aggressive forward shear design
- Z-197 bits have exceptional life and a second wear surface
- Replaceable bits eliminate costly and time consuming hard surfacing
- Complete on-board hydraulics system for quick and easy installation
- Hydraulically opening upper case gives you complete access to rotor
- Locking safety strut automatically drops into place with upper case open
- Replaceable hardened bushings and bolt-in liners throughout
- Extremely heavy anvil structure and replaceable wear surfaces
- Safety shear pins let anvil automatically open to avoid damage to the hog
- Safety shear pins and anvil can be quickly reset
- Limit switches shut down hog if anvil trips, and when upper case is open
- Safety rotor lock keeps rotor from moving during maintenance
- Rawlings CER machined fit bearing housings have built-in jack bolts for easy removal
- Heavy duty grate assembly with thick replaceable liner comes in many configurations
- AutoLubrication System
- Bearing Temperature Control
Urban wood & C & D wood
Green waste/yard debris
Forest debris & Logs
For over 30 years Rawlings has been generating the highest massive crushing impact rotor in the industry. All HZX Models come equipped with our Super Hi-Inertia Rotor and patented Rocwear Striker System . Rawlings horizontal grinders are available in a full range of sizes. All systems customized to fit the customers needs.