With over 40 years of experience , Rawlings Wood Hogs has proven to be a top contender in size reduction equipment. We offer a complete line up of Vertical & Horizontal grinders in a full range of sizes and models.
Horizontal Grinder Specs
- Patented MUTIL STEP ANVIL serves as a primary breakdown, adding LIFE to your screen.
- The Rawlings HZX is protected by an Anvil Safety Shear Swing Away, that allows metal and other damaging objects to drop through on to the out feed conveyor. When the Pins are sheared, a protection circuit shuts down the Hog and conveyor.
- The Rawlings horizontal model is equipped with two cylinders which are mounted underneath the Anvil for easy re positioning.
- Super High Inertia Rotor for fast processing and exceptional surge capacity
- Heavy Duty Frame
- Tolerant of contaminant’s rock and metal
- Combines helical shearing forces and crushing forces to handle all material types
- Rugged HZX uses a solid rotor, large diameter shaft and over sized bearings
- Hi-Inertia crushing and shearing technique cuts processing time dramatically
- Low power requirement per ton of processed material
- Bolt On RocWear striker plates with aggressive forward shear design
- Replaceable bits eliminate costly and time consuming hard surfacing
- Complete on-board hydraulics system for quick and easy installation
- Hydraulically opening upper case gives you complete access to rotor
- Locking safety strut automatically drops into place with upper case open
- Replaceable hardened bushings and bolt-in liners throughout
- Extremely heavy anvil structure and replaceable wear surfaces
- Safety shear pins let anvil automatically open to avoid damage to the hog
- Safety shear pins and anvil can be quickly reset
- Limit switches shut down hog if anvil trips, and when upper case is open
- Safety rotor lock keeps rotor from moving during maintenance
- Rawlings CER machined fit bearing housings have built-in jack bolts for easy removal
- Heavy duty grate assembly with thick replaceable liner comes in many configurations
- Auto Lubrication System
- Bearing Temperature Control
Each system can be designed with work platform decks, choice of belt, chain or vibrating in-feed and out-feed conveyors. Metal or magnet protection, product screening and separation, receiving transfers and walking floor storage bins all customizable for your specific operation.
Our Wood Grinders process the following wood residuals
- Logs & Log Ends
- Wood & Bark
- Biomass Feed stock
- C&D Debris
- Chip Overs
- Lily Pads
- Log Yard Waste
- Green Waste
- Urban Wood Waste
- Food Waste